Sunday, March 18, 2012

Have You Registered?

Perhaps one of the most exciting parts of getting married is registering for gifts.  After attending many weddings and showers and filling out my own registries, I have to say that there is no such thing as scanning too many items.  While, at times, it may feel like you're scanning nonstop, it leaves your guests open to many options for picking out gifts.


  • The first suggestion I have is to scan often.  I would suggest scanning items right after your engagement and updating your list towards the 8-6 month mark before your wedding as you make purchases or find new things that you may need.  



  • My second word of advice would be to scan everything you may think you need.  And I mean this down to the accessories to other items that you have registered for and have not yet received.  This makes it so guests can go in together on a set of gifts, or someone can buy something small if they can't afford something much larger.  Even if you don't receive the large item that the accessories go to, they can be exchanged for something you need. 



  •  Another suggestion is to do all of your registering in one day (or two days back to back).  I suggest this because it will make your life infinitely easier while trying to remember what you've already registered for, what you still need, and where things might be cheaper.  The day will be long, but having it all done at once will feel great and can take a great deal of stress off of your shoulders. 



  •  Also be sure to give your guests plenty of stores to be able to choose from.  I don't mean going on a spree to all of your favorite stores, but I mean a max of four and a minimum of two.   Prices and store availability will vary based upon where your guests live, so you want to give them as many options as possible.

I hope some of these tips will help you through your registry process!

No comments:

Post a Comment